Available Claim Forms
To submit a claim use one of the appropriate company links below. If none are available for your particular claim, please contact us directly.
American Modern Insurance Group
Appalachian Underwriters, Inc.
The Cincinnati Life Insurance Company
AFTER THE STORM
• Contact your insurance agent as quickly as possible and ask for instructions on what to do until your adjuster arrives. Be sure to follow the company’s instructions when making your claim. Insurance companies are required to handle claims promptly and fairly.
• Begin preparing an inventory of personal property damaged or destroyed and take pictures of the damaged property.
• Protect your property from further damage. Your reasonable expenses to protect your property are part of the loss and will be reimbursed by your insurance company. KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!
• Do not have permanent repairs made until your insurance company has inspected the property and you have reached an agreement on the cost of repairs. The company has a legal right to inspect the property in its damaged condition and may refuse to pay you for any damage repaired before it has been inspected. Don’t throw anything away before inspection by the company.
• If necessary, rent temporary shelter. If your home is uninhabitable because of physical damage, most homeowners’ policies will pay additional living expenses while your property is being repaired. Lack of power or water is not considered physical damage and, therefore, additional living expenses will not be covered. Before renting temporary shelter, check with your insurance company or agent to determine what expenses will be reimbursed. KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS.
• When your insurance company representative arrives, be courteous. Don’t take your frustrations out on your adjuster. He or she is there to help you and more progress can be made if you start off on the right foot. • If you think that the estimate of the insurance company is to low, you may wish to obtain an estimate from your own contractor. A contractor may charge a fee for this service; but usually if he or she does the repair work, the fee will be credited to your bill.
• If you have questions or problems concerning your insurance coverage, contact the Consumer Services Division of the NC Department of Insurance toll-free at 855-408-1212